gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Wanted features section for applications onGAP

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Wanted features section for applications onGAP
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:31:34 +0100

Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian
>
> development activity is low, so there is low need for this. But as you
> say, it can be useful for ourselves and useful for others.

I know activity is low, but giving people ideas might sport it a bit (so I hope
at least)
So I'll then go on and add some info of stuff I think some apps could need ;)

> As a developer, you can use the savannah tracker to file feature
> requests and other enhancements. The tracker is not only for bugs.
>
> Also, years ago Greg and I created this page:
>
> http://gap.nongnu.org/developers/wishlist.html
>
> For fun, I added some comments, since some apps are starting to fill the
> gaps... the page could be integrated?

I'll move some stuff from that site to specific application pages where
appropriate and remove it from there. I think we should keep this side for
Applications not yet existing in GAP.
I'll also put a link to the bug/feature tracker in savannah on that page.
I think there should be an obvious link for external people to request new
stuff.

cheers,
Sebastian