gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Zipper GUI refactoring

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Zipper GUI refactoring
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:25:12 +0100

On Sunday, February 19, 2012 18:56 CET, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thursday, February 16, 2012 16:14 CET, Riccardo Mottola<address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Just to announce that CVS of Zipper has the UI done in Gorm now,
> >> Renaissance is no longer a dependency. The interface stayed about the
> >> same. Some bugs solved by themselves during the transition (focus
> >> problems with the documents).
> >>
> >> Currently, the only problem is that the Table's columns re not resizable.
> >>
> > I made the columns resizable, was just the resizable flag on the
> > NSTableView.
> > I also tested with tar.gz,, .gz, zip, rar, and 7z archives. I made some
> > changes
> > to get 7z and rar to work. I changed the default rar binary to be used to
> > unrar.
> >
> > With the Preferences, do we want to support bsd tar, or remove that and
> > keep it for later?
> > Also the default open app, do we want to remove that for now, and also the
> > view
> > menu entry. As far as I can see, its not used/working. We could leave that
> > for later.
> >

> Sure we can leave BSD tar support because it works for me after my
> fixes! Doesn't it for you?

Yay, I did not recognized you fixed it, just checked, and it works well for me
too.

> I haven't investigated the openapp functionality yet. At worst, vefore
> release we can disable the controls.

I just looked into it, and got it working. Selecting the default open app,
I made the file viewer default to look into GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_APPS directory for
apps.

Further, I bound the double click on a file to the action intended to the
tableViewDoubleAction:
And also connected the Document/View menu entry to the same method.

So I think this is fine now.

There are two things that I still have:
When Opening Zipper, then the "Untitled-1" window shows up, but its not useful
at all.
It also shows up, when using the service "Zipper/Create Archive".
I haven't yet found a way to prevent this window to show up.

Also when the Service is used to create an archive, then when the tarball is
created,
it should maybe open the tarball in a Zipper window?
Also here haven't yet found a way how to do it.

cheers,
Sebastian