gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Destructuring-bind

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Destructuring-bind
Date: 15 Feb 2002 15:49:01 -0500

    Camm> 1) I noticed this patch in your version vs. cmucl:

    Camm> -(defvar *system-lets* ()
    Camm> -  "Let bindings that are done to make lambda-list parsing possible.")
    Camm> +(defvar *system-lets* nil)
    Camm> +(defvar *user-lets* ()
    Camm> +  "Let bindings that the user has explicitly supplied.")

    Camm> Why is this?  Code does not work without it.

It should work.  nil and '() are the same.

    Camm> 2) Have following compiler warning:

    Camm> ; (DEFUN PARSE-DEFMACRO-LAMBDA-LIST ...) is being compiled.
    Camm> ;; The variable *IGNORABLE-VARS* is undefined.
    Camm> ;; The compiler will assume this variable is a global.

    Camm> Should I put a defvar for this too to nil?

I'd grep the CMUCL sources and use the definition of *ignorable-vars*
from there.

    Camm> Thanks again, and sorry for basic questions.

No problem.

I should also apologize.  The code I sent was a 5 minute
proof-of-concept hack job.  I just grabbed various pieces of code from
cmucl, loaded into gcl, and tried your test case.  For each missing
thing, I just grabbed more code and loaded it in until the test case
worked.  There are probably other things missing, as you've found. :-(

Concerning your other mail about error, yes, I guess gcl handles that.
What I meant was that the error conditions and names and options need
to be checked to see they're all consistent with whatever gcl does.  I
didn't check for that.

Ray