gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] 64bit commit

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] 64bit commit
Date: 12 Jul 2002 18:09:55 -0400

Greetings!  I'm making a large commit for 64bit support.  Please test
as thoroughly as possible.  If this breaks anyone's setup and they
need a working build, you can use the -D option to cvs to get the tree
as of yesterday.  This commit works just fine for me under i386 Linux,
and in building maxima-5.6 and maxima cvs on this platform.  I don't
anticipate difficulties, but then again one seldom does :-).

gcl will compile now on alpha and ia64, and on hppa too with a few
issues, but the bfd lib is not well developed on any of these.  I will
turn my attention next to providing a fasldlsym build option that at
least should get people a maxima on boxes without good bfd support
(mips, alpha, ia64), though they won't be able to save an image which
would include loads made in the session.

Take care,