gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Re: m68k gcl/maxima: Minor Floating point error

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Re: m68k gcl/maxima: Minor Floating point errors
Date: 20 Sep 2002 11:25:49 -0400

Greetings, and thanks for pointing this out.  Actually, I maintain a
few numerical packages requiring this flag on m68k to pass the
regression tests in the package (gcl/maxima, atlas, blas, lapack,...).
I suppose the sacrifice of performance is the correct approach.
Anyone actually using the 68k with a different opinion will likely
sway my mind in the other direction :).  This would of course require
sidestepping integrity tests in this case, as I won't have the time to
maintain dual sets of expected results.

Take care,