gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: m68k cacheflushing

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: m68k cacheflushing
Date: 19 Dec 2002 11:52:52 -0500

Greetings!

Richard Zidlicky <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 03:05:37PM -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > > Which kernel version was that? Can you see if the failed flushes
> > > were cornercases like address near page-boundaries? What kind
> > > of ranges need to be flushed?
> > >

> > 2.2.20.  Don't know anything special about the flushed ranges except
> >          that they are roughly the size of typical .o files (e.g. a few
> >          k to a few hundred k), and that they are allocated from the
> >          end of a 32k page memory block attached via sbrk.
>
> in that case FLUSH_SCOPE_PAGE is certainly better. It would be still

Interesting -- why is this?

> good to figure out what exactly went wrong with SCOPE_LINE though.

Well, after a few days of tests, I cannot reproduce the failure.  I do
not know for sure whether there was a kernel upgrade on crest in the
intervening period (Nov. 30 the last test failure date).  In any case,
it looks as if the current setting in GCL -- SCOPE_PAGE -- is perhaps
most desirable in any case.

Take care,