gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Requesting input on some possible low-level cha

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Requesting input on some possible low-level changes
Date: 04 Sep 2003 21:11:18 -0400

Greetings, and thanks as always for your feedback.  I cannot reproduce
this with the current 2.6.1 cvs build, recently released as a Debian
package.  (ftp.gnu.org is *still* down, so in the interim, we will be
using cvs and the Debian pool as our means of distribution.  We have
also moved to a linux kernel style release naming convention.  x.y.z,
with y *even* is stable, y odd unstable/development.  So basically
we've renamed the pending 2.5.4, never released, to 2.6.1.)

(sid)address@hidden:/fix/g/camm/axiom/axiom-0.0.0cvs$ gcl
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  (2.6.1) Wed Sep  3 20:55:02 UTC 2003
Licensed under GNU Library General Public License
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.

>(setq x 5)

5

5

Error: The variable Y is unbound.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by EVAL.
Broken at EVAL.  Type :H for Help.
>>(by)
(sid)address@hidden:/fix/g/camm/axiom/axiom-0.0.0cvs$ GCL_ANSI=t gcl
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  (2.6.1) Wed Sep  3 20:59:06 UTC 2003
Licensed under GNU Library General Public License
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.

>(setq x 5)

5

5

Error in EVAL [or a callee]: The variable Y is unbound.

Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Broken at EVAL.  Type :H for Help.
 1 (Abort) Return to top level.
dbl:>>1

Top level.