gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] How do I compile Maxima with debugging informat

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] How do I compile Maxima with debugging information?
Date: 10 Oct 2003 10:51:48 -0400

Greetings!  I'm also interested in debugging facilities for lisp, and
would like to make the GCL debugger more useful.

Could you elaborate on what features you find useful in ACL which are
missing from GCL?

Though I haven't researched the lisp options extensively, its hard to
conceive of a better debugger than gdb.  And fortunately, as GCL
compiles to C, we may be able to design a lisp front end to gdb in
analogy with its fortran front end.

Take care,