gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: On statically linked Axiom (was: static lisp and rpms)

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: On statically linked Axiom (was: static lisp and rpms)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 05:02:06 -0500

Camm,

Sorry, let me correct my report of the size of GCL
under a static build. The size difference that I
really see is

  7.275 Mb. (static) versus 5.930 Mb. (dynamic)

That's a difference of 1.345 Mb. - more reasonable?

Note also that the dynamic library version was build
using gcc 3.2.

The number that I reported previously was just the
different due to the change from gcc 3.2.1 to 3.3.2.

Bill Page.