gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] clocc defsystem and gcl

From: James Amundson
Subject: [Gcl-devel] clocc defsystem and gcl
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 06:38:03 -0600

Hi,

Maxima has been maintaining its own fork of clocc's defsystem in order
to support gcl. All along, I have been meaning to try to get the gcl
changes back into the main clocc repository. I am finally motivated to
do so. Before I offer a patch, however, I thought I should discuss it
here to see if any of the gcl developers have any comments.

I am not an ANSI Lisp language lawyer. Given that disclaimer, here is my
summary of the non-standard features of GCL that require changes in
defsystem:

1) gcl doesn't understand the modern keyword arguments to eval-when like
:compile-toplevel and :load-toplevel

2) The ignore-errors function is in the conditions package.

3) gcl is missing with-compilation-unit.

4) ensure-directories-exist is documented, but doesn't seem to exist in
my ansi gcl. (???)

5) Maxima gives :system-p t to the compile function, but I don't know
why.

I've attached a context diff between the clocc defsystem and Maxima's
current defsytem (which, obviously, works with gcl).

--Jim