gcl-devel

Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] [Re: Executable memory: further pr

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] [Re: Executable memory: further programs that fail]
Date: 02 Dec 2003 12:11:26 -0500

Greetings!

root <address@hidden> writes:

> I just got done talking to my son. He is working on a graphics library
> that runs in common lisp (was CMUCL, now SBCL). It uses CLX. Does GCL
> support CLX? I tried to coerce...umm, convince him to use GCL but he

Last I heard, CLX compiles on GCL out of the box.  Would appreciate
reports.

> claims that the ANSI loop macro fails.

Is he using our ANSI build?  I'd appreciate a report here too.  We
have an ansi test suite courtesy of Paul Dietz, which gives the loop
macro a heavy workout.  Last I checked we were as good as cmucl in
this regard.  In the Debian packaged gcl, the test suite results can
be found in /usr/share/doc/{gcl,gclcvs}/test_results.gz.  If one wants
ANSI, our gclcvs branch has made some significant improvements over
the stable branch.  Just to let you know, though, axiom cannot use the
ansi build until the in-package issue is resolved, at least without
being patched, i.e. externally.  Our traditional non-ansi image is
used to build axiom for Debian, as it has the old in-package
behavior.

> If he gets the graphics library up to snuff we can import the graphics
> as lisp code rather than C code. I'm building the C graphics code now
> and it is painful.

Is this gcl-gtk?  We've imported that tree into cvs head, but haven't
worked with it much yet.

Take care,