gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL-specific conditional restored to Maxima defsystem.li

From: James Amundson
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL-specific conditional restored to Maxima defsystem.lisp
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:42:31 -0600

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 10:35, Camm Maguire wrote:
> Greetings!  Just tried a cvs build on Linux, gcl-2.6.1 and all went
> well.  Is the ansi build no longer required?

I just updated the README.lisps file to say that the ansi build of gcl
is required. I haven't touched the non-ansi gcl build in a long time. I
don't know if it will work or not. Which version did you try?

Since the ansi build currently seems to be stable enough for use, I have
lost all interest in the non-ansi gcl build. Tracking one version of gcl
is plenty.

>  The major issues with
> ansi on windows have been resolved.  We have yet to bundle it all up,
> however.

Great! I'm glad to hear it.

Best,
Jim