gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Full gentoo configure output

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Full gentoo configure output
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:12:16 -0800 (PST)

--- Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings!  Here is your problem:
>
> C Y <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Here's a full output using latest cvs.
> >
> > checking for emacs... /usr/bin/emacs
> > checking emacs site lisp directory... /usr/bin/emacs: Symbol
> > `_XmStrings' has different size in shared object, consider
> re-linking
> > /usr/share/emacs/21.3/site-lisp
> > checking emacs default.el... ./configure: line 5976: test: too many
> > arguments
> > /usr/bin/emacs: Symbol `_XmStrings' has different size in shared
> > object, consider re-linking
> > ./default.el
>
> emacs cannot reliably detect its site-lisp directory.  You can make
> use of the --enable-emacsdir configuration option as a workaround if
> you choose.

Yep, seems to work.  Goodness that's strange.

> BTW, one can look at configure, search for conftest.s1, and then go
> down 61 lines to see the variable giving the problem.

OK.  Thanks Camm.  I don't suppose there's a way to have configure bomb
out with an informational message?  Probably rare enough not to worry
about though.

One bright spot - I tried the build without the locbfd or statsysbfd
options, and the build seems to have proceeded all the way through.
Haven't done any real testing of it yet, but a very encouraging sign!

CY