RE: [Gcl-devel] Windows random test results

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Windows random test results
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:59:39 +1000

| Mike!  You did it!  That macro certainly needs to be defined, as its
| analog is in sfaslelf.c and sfaslbfd.c.  Gcc is not obligated in any
| way to put init at offset 0.  Great!  It sounds as if this solves *all
| known problems*, Yes?  Kudos!

Thanks Camm.

At midnight I found another problem (again linker/optimisation I think)
mentioned in an earlier email this morning from my home address; which email
seems not to have gotten through to the GCL list.

That problem does not manifest with the default stable CVS configuration so
although it is a wildcard, it is not a show-stopper.  I'll try and look into
it today.

When I left for work the random tester was still churning away at about 7000
iterations on stable GCL and hopefully will continue to run all day.  At
about a thousand iterations per hour since midnight I hope that by seven
this evening it will have completed roughly 20,000 iterations (arguments
1000, 8 per your email last week).  I'll aim to leave another tester running
here overnight on a 2.4 GHz Win XP machine with GCL built under gcc 3.3.3.

As usual I'll keep you and anyone else who cares to read voluminously

Mike Thomas