gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.2 / 303 ansitests failed

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.2 / 303 ansitests failed
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:57:45 +1000

Hi Camm.

| I am actually surprised in linked.  Shared libs, unlike static libs,
| are supposed to have 'weak' symbols which can be overridden by 'strong'
| ones.  In the static case I typically get a multiple definition error.
| -u forces the symbol to be undefined at the beginning, and therefore
| pulled in from its version in libgcl.a, which precedes libgmp on the
| linker command line.  (Otherwise, the symbol is only undefined where
| it is directly used, within libgmp itself, which then is where the
| definition is found, as the linker proceeds on a fifo basis.)

Perhaps -u worketh not on Windows, I'll put it on my agenda to look more
closely later:

gcc -o raw_ansi_gcl.exe ../o/mingwin.o ../o/mingfile.o \
        -L.  -Wl,-Map raw_ansi_gcl_map ../o/firstfile.o -u
__gmpn_toom3_mul_n -lansi_gcl -lm -lmingwex  -lgmp -lwsock32  -lgclp
../o/lastfile.o
cp init_ansi_gcl.lsp foo

Cheers

Mike Thomas.