gcl-devel

Re: FW: [Gcl-devel] Floating-point performance of GCL? Bug?

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Re: FW: [Gcl-devel] Floating-point performance of GCL? Bug?
Date: 27 Jul 2004 10:09:34 +0200

"Mike Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:

> I just checked and, as Dennis implied, this function is not present in 2.6.3
> but it is in 2.7.0 (CVS HEAD).
>
> However over the weekend HEAD got a large bunch of new work from Michael K.
> which has yet to be bedded down.  I just found a bug in make-pathname which
> has yet to be fixed - there may be others.  My expectation is that this work
> will go a long way towards helping you out when it is a little more settled.
>
> It's up to you whether you choose to forge ahead with 2.6.3 or switch to
> HEAD, but one thing which may help is that Maxima has a version of defsystem
> which is, I believe, slightly modified from the CLOCC source and which is
> known to work with GCL 2.6.3 - at least as far as Maxima uses defsystem.
>
> I've attached that defsystem file for your convenience.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mike Thomas

Thanks, that helped to get defsystem running somehow[1].  I have run now in
the problem that my test suite needs HANDLER-BIND.  Will this be in 2.7.0?
Maybe I really should wait with further porting efforts until that version
is released.

Thanks, Nicolas.

[1] Your defsystem-file does not compile with my gcl-2.6.3.  I then used
only part of the patches from your file with the defsystem.lisp from CLOCC.