gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: possible GCL/Windows compiler bug

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: possible GCL/Windows compiler bug
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:28:19 +1000

Hi again.

|    The short story so far is that with two different builds of
| GCL 2.6.5 I've
|    failed to reproduce the bug.  I hope to try out the gcc
| version you referred
|    to earlier, later on.

This failed to reproduce the bug as well.  I'll have to go back to reading
your emails to Camm and see if I can understand what is going on.  I'd still
like to hear what happens when you use the standard GCL 2.6.5 installer to
build.

| Yes, that's right.  I doubt that it matters which directory in
| which you start
| it.  (I'd check right now but I'm in linux and since I'm 99% sure
| it doesn't
| seem to be worth a reboot, especially since nearly half the time
| that I boot in
| Windows it immediately hangs!)

Sounds too horrible to contemplate.

Apart from having a blown up computer at the moment, my OS problems go the
other way - of OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Agnula/Demudi Linux and Cluster Knoppix
(plus a few more besides) the only *nix OS I can get to recognise my
internal modem automatically is Cluster Knoppix, but then I can't get the
low latency kernel and associated music sequencing/synthesis applications
from Demudi to install cleanly and so can't get a multikernel Linux
clustering/hard disk audio system running.  Very annoying.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.