gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Quality and ANSI compatibility of GCL?

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Quality and ANSI compatibility of GCL?
Date: 11 Nov 2004 15:04:38 -0500

Greetings!  I am no MOP expert, but GCL ansi, like CMUCL, uses PCL for
CLOS, and from what I can tell CMUCL gets its MOP from PCL.  In fact,
our PCL files are just about transparently interchangeable with their
CMUCL counterparts.  Earlier ANSI work saw patches going both ways, to
my understanding.  I haven't patched our PCL in several months, but if
CMUCL has made changes here in this period I feel pretty confident
that they should go over cleanly to GCL.

Hope this helps.

Is your app open source?  What prompted your interest in GCL?

Take care,