gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: trouble with cl-launch

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: trouble with cl-launch
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:26:05 -0400

Greetings!

(let* ((compiler::*compiler-default-type* (pathname ""))
       (compiler::*lsp-ext* "")) (compile-file "/tmp/y"))

works in 2.7 at least.

Don't know what you mean about asdf dependencies, but once loaded, the
entire executable image containing all compiled code can be dumpted
with

(si::save-system "foo")

Please let me know if you discover any spec requirements that clisp
may be running afoul of.  They are so good at compliance that
basically I don't fix it unless clisp does it differently.

Take care,

Dear GCL hackers,

trying to support gcl 2.7 and 2.6 in cl-launch, I found a difficulty
due to GCL insisting on adding the suffix .lsp if none is provided
when compiling. Shouldn't GCL at least give a chance to the user and
only add the suffix if the file doesn't exist without suffix?

The behaviour is documented in section Compilation of gcl-si, but I
believe it is non-compliant. I had a similar problem with clisp, but
clisp has some custom variables to remove the problem. Does there
already exist a similar variable for GCL, and if not, can one be
added?

Apart from that, cl-launch seems to work rather well with gcl 2.7,
except that I don't support image-dumping yet. Is there
documentation/code/examples on how to create an executable from an
asdf system that has dependencies?

[ Fran?ois-Ren? ?VB Rideau | Reflection&Cybernethics | http://fare.tunes.org ]
The Constitution may not be perfect, but it's a lot better than what we've got!