gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: gmp functions

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: gmp functions
Date: 06 Aug 2007 17:33:10 -0400

Greetings!  Not yet, but I have been meaning to do this for some time,
and this may provide the needed impetus.  It is really quite simple,
but cannot be achieved via the generic external shared library
interface described previously, due to the need to wrap the gmp
function calls to protect their relocatable memory allocation.

(At some point, maybe someone knowledgeable could describe to me a
better malloc like algorithm for the unmoveable contiguous GCL memory
space.  Right now we use a linked list sorted by block size -- this is
the slowest type of memory GCL maintains.)

I'll try to put in a GMP package soon and post when done.

Take care,