gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Compiling GCL for Win32 under Vista

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Compiling GCL for Win32 under Vista
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 17:49:56 -0600

I've just been handed a new computer running MS-Vista and have been
working today to get things set up to see if I could build GCL on it.

While I still have a few things in mind to try, it appears that the
same MSYS and MinGW configurations that allowed GCC to function under
XPsp2 won't work under Vista.

It appears to be a memory allocation thing, which if the case, would be
well beyond my ability to address.

If anyone has succeeded in setting up MinGW, MSYS and GCC, and gotten
GCL to compile under Vista I would be very happy to hear how you
installed and configured things!

Best,

_don winiecki