gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] DESCRIBE and gcl.info

From: Jerry James
Subject: [Gcl-devel] DESCRIBE and gcl.info
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:00:58 -0700

I've pushed a build of 2.6.8pre into Fedora.  So far I have only hit
one problem: (describe 'foo) doesn't work.  It triggers a complaint
that gcl cannot find gcl.info.  Looking in info/makefile shows that
the default build of gcl.info has been commented out.  The rule is
still in the makefile, but it depends on files named chap-*.texi,
which have been removed from the 2.6.8 CVS branch.  They still exist
in HEAD.

So is somebody in the process of changing how DESCRIBE works?  If so,
what is it changing to?  And why is it being changed on the 2.6 branch
instead of in HEAD??  Also, in the meantime, how should I fix the
Fedora build of gcl so developers can get a working DESCRIBE?

Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/