gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Runtime determination of share directories?

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Runtime determination of share directories?
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:48:07 -0700

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:

> It would be helpful if you could describe what 'idiosyncrasies' you
> find onerous,

I haven't tried to keep track. Grepping for #+gcl in maxima/src and
maxima/share turns up a lot of stuff. A few other items come to mind:
GCL doesn't have a CFFI implementation; nonnumeric floats (infinity and
not-a-number) can be computed but not displayed; DRIBBLE puts
newlines in unexpected places; maximum number of function arguments
is small (63 or something). I might have reported some of this stuff to
the GCL bug tracker, I don't remember for sure.

Thanks for working on GCL.

best

Robert Dodier