gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: GCL for intel mac

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: GCL for intel mac
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 22:29:27 -0400

Greetings!

Tim Daly <address@hidden> writes:

> What is the state of the GCL Intel Mac port?
> Does Axiom build? If not, does GCL build?

The sources currently in the Version_2_6_8pre branch build as is on
ppc and intel mac, and build maxima and acl2 there.  Axiom with your
nono-lisp mods builds through all the lisp part and then bombs on some
more needed C modifications in viewman.  I thought I sent this to you,
but if not, please let me know and I will resend.

I am now ensuring that the same sources build under windows/mingw, and
then 2.6.8 will be finished.

Bruno Haible pointed out libsigsegv support which can be used to
extend SGC garbage collection support to the mac and to windows.  I
don't know when this incorporation should be attempted.

Take care,