gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] FIXNUM error

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] FIXNUM error
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:12:15 -0400

Greetings!  OK, native mips64 object relocation support appears fairly
solid at the moment.  I'm compiling the full set of applications on
gcc42 on the gcc compile farm, which is very similar to your sicortex
setup.

There are two niggles on your machine only which require manual
intervention at the moment:

1) the gcc link stage fails saying the libgcl.a library found with
-lgcl is incompatible.  Simply execute the failed command with the
library name in place of -lgcl, and all proceeds normally.

2) Your linker does not produce a working stub address for _IO_getc
for some reason.  I've disabled the two small gcl optimizations making
use of this:

./saved_ansi_gcl
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.6.8 ANSI    Oct 26 2010 00:05:04
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd,xgcl)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (XGCL READLINE UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.
Temporary directory for compiler files set to /tmp/

>(remprop 'read-byte 'compiler::co1)
(remprop 'read-byte 'compiler::co1)

>(remprop 'read-char 'compiler::co1)
(remprop 'read-char 'compiler::co1)

>(si::save-system "ff")

mv ff saved_ansi_gcl

With this maxima build and passes all tests.  The other applications
are currently running.

The gcl source is in gcln, with an ansi build in place.  Export
PATH=....gcln/bin:$PATH to use 'gcl'.

I've also built a working copy of nesl in nesl_2 on this machine.
There were two small patches required, at the head of
neslsrc/build.lisp and in vcode/vstack.c.  The image is dumped --
bin/runnesl works.

Please let me know if any problems persist.  And perhaps if you have a
moment you can do a mini-tutorial on the wonderful things you can do
with nesl, time permitting of course.

Take care,