gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL on windows broken by recent change to MAXPAGE

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL on windows broken by recent change to MAXPAGE
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 00:12:24 -0500

Hi Camm,

I am very glad to hear about plans to release 2.6.8! :-)

There is one thing that I would love to have definite guarantee for:

| Greetings, and thanks for the update!  I believe this change has been
| reverted already.  Please let me know if I've overlooked something.
|
| Just a heads up -- acl2 has outgrown the default 1G maxpage heap, but
| the machines we support cannot handle a doubling.  My plan is to release
| 2.6.8 as is, and to then quickly do a 2.6.9, which will have the
| following backported from cvs:
|
| 1) 64bit wide fixnums

Could 2.6.8 document what is the official FFI version for C99's intptr_t?
Currently I am using fixnum, based on looking at the internals, but that
is not good and not future-proof.  This is very much needed by OpenAxiom
for its FFI extensions (so that we can pass allocated abstract data
structures around.)

Best,

-- Gaby