gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Compiling GCL

From: Faré
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Compiling GCL
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 02:52:32 -0400

Dear Camm,

thanks for your prompt reply and quick fixes!
I'll try compiling GCL again, and report on my findings.

Some old version of ASDF 2 once worked with GCL,
albeit with reduced functionality, and it never passed all the tests.
If I manage to get ASDF 3 to run, I expect many failures in the test suite,
some of them ASDF bugs, some of them GCL bugs.

Is master the branch I should be working with?
Should I only try to make it work with 2.7.0?
What is the recommended way to test for a "recent enough" version of GCL?

The highest goal of computer science is to automate
that which can be automated. — Derek L. VerLee