gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Support for little-endian ppc64

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Support for little-endian ppc64
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:41:28 -0600

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings!  I have a slightly adapted version checked into
Version_2_6_12pre.  If you have a moment to verify that it works for
you, that would be wonderful.

Sadly, no, that leads to this on big endian ppc64:

Compiling GCL_PCL_LOW...
Compiling /builddir/build/BUILD/gcl/unixport/../pcl/gcl_pcl_low.lisp.
End of Pass 1.
End of Pass 2.
OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=1 (No runtime error checking), Space=0, Speed=3
Finished compiling /builddir/build/BUILD/gcl/unixport/../pcl/gcl_pcl_low.o.
mprotect failure: 0x14e0000 65536 7: Permission denied
Error: The assertion !clear_protect_memory(memory) on line 580 of sfaslelf.c in function fasload failed

Even more sadly, the patch I proposed worked for me when I did a test build, but then failed in the same way when a member of Fedora's PPC team did a build later.  However, little endian ppc64 seems to work happily with both versions of the patch.  So we're close, but not quite right somehow.  I am failing to understand what isn't quite right about either version of this patch. :-(
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/