gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Ctrl + Q = Quit

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Ctrl + Q = Quit
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:36:03 +0100

Hello Piotr Eljasiak,

> > Does not work here...
>
> Do you have working CTRL+Q in other apps (gedit,...) ?

yes

> that your window manager is intercepting the shortcut?

no

> What do you get in console when:
>
>       gnome-commander -d=a

[AA] Key event:  <control>q (0x71)
[AA] Handling key event by view.in_left_pane()

Indeed, this is reported by the gcmd key prop dialog too.
... What does it mean, anyway ?? I'm sure i did not assign that myself,

> And finally - is it possible to assign CTRL+Q to the new shortcut in
> 'Keyboard shortcut...' dlg?

Yes.

I was able to assign 'base folder' (folder root, or '/') to Ctrl+Q and it works.

However, i could not find any 'quit' or 'close' action. It is the german
translation here, maybe i mnissed it, but i think it's not there. (It should ne
'Fenster schließen' in german)