gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Re: 1.2.9. issues

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Re: 1.2.9. issues
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 00:51:17 +0100

Could not reproduce that advrename thing, so far, and it did not happen anymore
anyway.
I'm renaming a lot, so maybe i'll stumble over it again some day...

As for renaming, i needed a recursive feature quite often....let me do a little
advertising :)

Because the metatags are often wrong or simply missing, i try to keep the most
important facts in the filename, which is reliable on every OS and avoids
complex metatag searches. But it happens that i change a naming system.

Since i maintain well sorted image, music, and video collections, about - let's
see - 2900 folders in total, in hierarchy, and more than 47,000 single files,
this is not trivial. I would have to write a very reliable renaming script
myself, and at that point, i usually use gcmd :) but it is tedious with so many
folders.

Maybe rarely anybody else sees a need for it. Still, wouldn't users more often
consider to clean up things a little, if it only would be an easy task ?
And with gcmd, it would !

<end advert>

gm