gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Tabs, tabs, tabs...

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Tabs, tabs, tabs...
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 23:53:45 +0200

Piotr Eljasiak,

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just realized that I've forgotten to announce the tabs code inclusion
> into 'master' branch.

Nice you mention it now ! :) :)

(trying to imagine i would trigger new tab just by mistyping a Ctrl+R some day
in 2011 or so -- i had to file a bug report CRITICAL - GCMD SUDDENLY CREATES
TABS!)

>       CTRL+T         Open directory in a new tab (replaces the old
> Multi-Rename-Tool binding)
>       CTRL+W         Close current tab
>       CTRL+TAB       Switch to the next tab

works

>       CTRL+SHIFT+TAB Switch to the previous tab

no works here.

what works is, when i close a tab via doubleclick, then the arrow <--> keys are
navigating through tabs afterwards. Of course, a feature ! Let's talk other
things.

Seriously, assigning focus finally got a little bit complex, with tab switching
between panels and arrows moving in folders and then the commandline.
Bugtracking must be pure horror :) but hopefully you are able to work it out
somehow. Surely it needs to be designed very carefully and very bullet-proof to
avoid creating just by case artificial intelligence some day !

> support for Firefox-style doubleclicks

hey what. wait. do we confuse something here ? My firefox closes tabs with
middle-click. Iceweasel 3.5.9 on Debian. But i seem to remember it was like
this in Windows too. (It's just, i didn't need to use one since long)

I really think middleclick is a good choice, for example, it can not fail,
while double-click on laptop touchpads may be triggered in error. (btw firefox
also has ctrl+shift+t to re-open the latest closed tab)
- Is there any chance to implement a choice, to configure what click is used ?