gcmd-users

[gcmd-usr] Bulk rename - using a wild card?

From: kht-lists
Subject: [gcmd-usr] Bulk rename - using a wild card?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 14:14:07 +0000

Hello from waterlogged North Carolina,

I have been spending some of the past few rainy days cleaning up my movie
collection. Primarily I have been fixing file names. For example... In most
cases words like In, Or, Of etc. occurring in the middle of a title should not
be capitalized.  The bulk rename tool in gnome-commander works great for this
purpose - in most cases.  I have come across a situation which has me stumped.
Any help or advise would be appreciated.  Here it is...

Title: "263 The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (2005).avi" - I would like to
change to "263 The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005).avi" I can change
all "The" to "the'.  That is a good first step. Then I need to be a little more
creative and change the first "the" back to "The".  I reasoned that the clue is
provided by a number + a space preceding the "the".  My Search condition is
thusly "[0-9] the". This part works.  However, I have not figured out to change
the string I have located - in this case "3 the" to "3 The".  I need to
"Replace With" the number found by my wild card search [0-9] followed by a
space and "The".

I sort of hate to search for "0 the" and then "1 the" up to "9 the". That sort
of defeats the purpose and I could probably scan this part of my collection of
files and rename them manually in less time.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ken Taylor
Clayton, NC USA

p.s. The sky is starting to become bright.  I wonder if the Martians are
invading?  No, it might be the sun :-)