gdb

[Gdb] Michael C --gcc

From: jack Griffin
Subject: [Gdb] Michael C --gcc
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:57:56 -0500

Michael C;

Hello again.  I am having another problem and I hop you can point me in the right direction.  I got "make" and "gdb" install and they appear to work correctly.

I then decided to install gcc-3.2.2.  I had gcc-2.95.2 install.  The install appeared to go good.  However, when I try to compile a small program I received the following errors.

ld: fatal: library - lstdc++: not found
ld: fatal: library - lgcc_s: not found
ld: fatal: library - lgcc: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to new
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I cannot fine the above libraries anywhere on the PC.  I downloaded the latest version -- libstdc++-v3 an attempted to install them but got the following error when I ran ./configure.

configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in ./ ../ ././..

I had previously run make clean and makd distclean on gcc-3.2.2.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

J. Griffin