gdb

Re: [Gdb] some hard gdb questions

From: Charles Manning
Subject: Re: [Gdb] some hard gdb questions
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:48:36 +1200

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 06:54, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>     Did my questions about debugging with a secondary vga-card (on linux,
> or Bsd except I would rather try hurd) ever reach the list?  I think so,
> but it is as likely that certain editor/mail/news programs are kludged. If
> it arrived but bores people; do you have any help recommendations?  I could
> also discuss asm & C here when I get to that easier topic... from David

I might not be understanding your question correctly, but I would not think
that this is really a gdb question.

If you have two heads on your computer then you should be able to set up X to
run on both. You should then be able to run gdb in an xterm on one and the
app being debugged on the other. You should also be able to set up console
services on one screen and X on the other. This is not really a gdb issue
since you can do this with any application, not just a debugger.

If this all sounds too much like trouble, then you could also try gdb remote
and a second PC for the debugger host.