gdsl-general

Re: [gdsl-general] gdsl 1.0 on FreeBSD 4.4

From: Nicolas Darnis
Subject: Re: [gdsl-general] gdsl 1.0 on FreeBSD 4.4
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:18:59 +0200

Charles Randall wrote:

> gdsl 1.0 won't compile on FreeBSD 4.4.
>
> During configure,

> creating doc/fr/Makefile
> sed: ./doc/fr/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> creating doc/en/Makefile
> sed: ./doc/en/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> creating Makefile
> creating src/config.h

OK, the configure file was wrong. It's now fixed.

> During make (this isn't related to the configure issue
> identified above),

[...]

> It looks like ulong from gdsl_types.h isn't being
> properly declared.

Yes, you're right.

> The patch below allows compilation, but I believe that
> this should probably be determined by configure.

I've made a modification to the gdsl_types.h to fix this.
This modif is not optimal (it will be done) but it should now
work on more systems.

All the modifications above are in the file gdsl-1.0.tar.gz
on savannah. This file replace the old one.
Just tell me if its now good for you.

> Additionally, there should probably be a "test"
> makefile target that automatically provides input to
> the test programs invoked by "make check".

Yes, it's planed.

> Finally, I'd like to ask you to consider the LGPL
> instead of the GPL.

Sorry, but unfortunately, the discussion of the GDSL license
was made before GDSL was put on savannah, and now we have
finally decided to use GPL instead of LGPL.

Thanx for your help.

--
Nicolas Darnis
mailto:address@hidden