gdsl-general

[gdsl-general] Re: spec file for gdsl

From: Nicolas Darnis
Subject: [gdsl-general] Re: spec file for gdsl
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:58:39 +0100

Le 20.02.2003 20:06, Torsten Luettgert a écrit :
Hi,

I just wrote a RedHat/SuSE style .spec file for your gdsl library.
You can add it to the distribution, if you like. It's attached to
this mail.

Thank you very much.

But I don't have time now to learn how this file must be used. For what
usage is it for? To create a RPM package (it could be great)? Please tell me because I don't have time to learn this...

Cheers,
Torsten Lüttgert <address@hidden>

p.s.:
Has development on gdsl ceased? There doesn't seem to be any traffic

Definitely NO! The development of GDSL has not ceased. The 1.1 version
is quite ready: you could see the actual changes since the 1.0 by
looking at the NEWS file:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gdsl/gdsl/NEWS?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

When GDSL 1.1 is released, a mail will be send to gdsl-announce mailing
list.

on the mailing lists or any releases since quite a while :-(

You're right. In fact GDSL 1.0 was sufficient for my actual own devs
and I used it for other devs (CFL for example). I wrote also LWL
which I need for my work. So GDSL didn't advance during this
period. I'm now ready to finalize 1.1 version.

Or is it just perfect like it is and doesn't need any further
development? ;-)

Of course it's perfect! ;^) Seriously, it's of course not perfect.
I'm not proud of the hash and heap modules. They will be extended
in the future (with maybe a little incompatible change in hash module).
I plan also to add an efficient symbol-table module.

You can make any suggestion to the gdsl-general mailing list.

Best regards,

PS: please consider sending your mails about GDSL to the gdsl-general
mailing list. By this way everybody could learn more about it.
--
Nicolas Darnis                                 CVF
Tel: (+33) 556 019 834                         22-26 Quai de Bacalan