Re: [Getfem-users] Calculate the error in the physical domain

From: Yassine ZAIM
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Calculate the error in the physical domain
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 00:54:50 +0100

Dear Yves Renard,
Thank you so much for your several appreciated helps.
I will return to your previous remark about the Ghost penalty, you are right, I confirm that the normal derivative is sufficient for the P2 and P3 methods in addition to the alternative method proposed in your paper.
I tried different values of the parameters (penalty coefficients) bigger and smaller. But unfortunately, I don't get the optimal rate of convergence. The error is approximately the same for the different values of the parameters, it takes the minimum values near the boundary and the maximum values in the center of the circle.
I did also two other tests with big numbers of subdivisions NX=600 and NX=1200 and I get in this case the following rate of convergence :
Order with respect to H1 norm = 1.4967550587246639
Order with respect to L2 norm = 1.997064049265697
But it is not the case for the small values of NX.
Best regards.