gforth

Re: [gforth] List strangeness

From: Elko Tchernev
Subject: Re: [gforth] List strangeness
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 15:47:35 -0500

Anton Ertl wrote:
On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 05:32:00PM -0800, Dennis Ruffer wrote:
Now that you mention it, I don't get my sends either and mine is also set to
yes.

Both of you use gmail addresses.  My first guess would be that the
emails are filtered out as spam.  Spammers sometimes use the
recipient's Name and email address, so a spam filter could see this as
an indication of spam (maybe in conjunction with some other things
that are not sufficient in themselves).

This thought crossed my mind, but I can't see where that filter would be located. It is not on the receiving side in Gmail, because there is a dedicated 'spam' folder, where stuff identified as spam goes, and the messages are not there. It is not identified as junk by my e-mail client (Thunderbird), because the messages are not in the dedicated 'junk' folder either. It is not on the receiving side of the list either, because the messages get accepted and mailed out to the rest of the list. It is possible that this filter is on the sending side of the list, but this seems highly unlikely, especially since the option to allow or deny sending the message to the originator should rule it out. And it is not an identity mismatch, because I receive the other messages, and it accepts messages from me. Strange.