gforth

Re: [gforth] problem with gforth7 and serial access

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] problem with gforth7 and serial access
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:36:18 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 22. März 2012, 08:30:52 schrieb kibler:
> I am currently looking at the entire contrib section and it seems that
> the c-lib calls are in 7.0, and as such then we might only have to load
> the entire contrib set to get working serial on 7.0 versions. I will try
> that later today, as that seems like a do-able compromise. We would
> just need to ship all of those files with our own code - an option we
> already use.
>
> Thanks Bernd for the suggested arch code - I will look at that as well,
> but my minor checking says that the select code is broken, and thus
> I would expect that to not work - assuming my testing is valid - not
> always a good assumption to make.

The terminal.fs code in arch/r8c is not architecture-dependent, it is just an
application for the R8C board, using the serial interface of a PC.  And it
does not use the select code of key_avail.

I don't know why the select code should not work on serial lines, this must be
a bug in Linux.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/