gforth

[gforth] gforth borks in Windows: cannot open image file gforth.fi

From: Andrew Pennebaker
Subject: [gforth] gforth borks in Windows: cannot open image file gforth.fi
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 15:35:33 -0400

When I try to run gforth in Windows, it says:

gforth: cannot open image file gforth.fi in path .:/usr/local/lib/gforth/site-forth:/usr/local/share/gforth/site-forth:/usr/local/lib/gforth/0.7.0:/usr/local/share/gforth/0.7.0 for reading

I used the official gforth Windows EXE installer, and I added the gforth binaries to PATH.

The default path to gforth.fi appears to be hardcoded as if it's in Unix, but in Windows these directory names wouldn't make any sense.

I'm guessing that I need to configure some environment variables in addition to PATH, any idea what that would be?

Specs:

* gforth 0.7.0
* Windows 7 Professional x64
* MacBook Pro 2009