gforth

Re: [gforth] Bad signature of gforth 0.7.2 package

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Bad signature of gforth 0.7.2 package
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 23:31:20 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 21. März 2013, 22:28:12 schrieb Brandon Invergo:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the maintainer of the GNU Source Release Collection (gsrc). I'm trying
> to update the gforth package to 0.7.2 in gsrc but the source distribution
> fails signature-checking (output modified to hide email addresses:
[...]
> Unfortunately, I can't proceed with the update unless the signature
> passes, so I thought I'd let you know.

Ok, thanks for checking the signature; I re-signed it locally, so the
signature should be ok now.

> On another, unrelated note, I politely plead that you make release
> announcements in the future on address@hidden and on the Savannah project
> page. As far as I can tell, people in the GNU project are only aware of
> gforth 0.7.0. I had no idea about the last two versions until a user
> brought it up.

Ok, noticed for the next release.

> Another problem is that your webpage at www.gnu.org/s/gforth has almost
> no information on it, with no link to Bernd's webpage (which has far
> more information, including links to the latest release), nor to the
> tuwein.ac.at website which hosts the releases. Thus, if you visit the
> GNU site and find gforth, you have no way of knowing about the last two
> releases. In fact, the only way to find out is to go to the Savannah
> project page and then click on "Homepage", which brings you to Bernd's
> site, but there isn't even a link to the Savannah project page on
> gforth's GNU-based website! So the latest news is far from discoverable.

The problem apparently here is that someone set up the GNU page for Gforth a
long long time ago, and we never got access to it.  How do I edit this page?

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/