gforth

Re: [gforth] Setting for text size for the terminal emulator in Android

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Setting for text size for the terminal emulator in Android gforth?
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 01:36:09 +0100

Am Samstag, 26. Dezember 2015, 10:40:07 schrieb Joel Rees:
> On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 2:40 AM, Bernd Paysan <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 25. Dezember 2015, 13:01:22 schrieb Joel Rees:
> >> I'm getting extremely easy-to-read characters in th terminal emulation
> >> since an update last week or the week before. Characters about twice
> >> to three times the normal. Would be great on a smaller smartphone, but
> >> on the 10 inch tablet, I'd rather have the long lines.
> >>
> >> Is there a setting somewhere for it?
> >
> > There's a setting to increase the size, 1*scale (normal), 2*scale and
> > 4*scale (two and 4 times), the default is 1*scale.
>
> Can I ask what file gforth would be reading that from on startup, or
> do I get to go hunting on my own? Using the terminalide shell to do
>
>     grep scale *
>
> in site-forth doesn't show me anything that I recognize as an
> initialization line.

It's initialized in <version>/minos2/gl-terminal.fs, where it is defined.

> Now, ' hcols gives me a nice address of a constant, but it shows as
> 80. But my display column width is 48 (counted by the old low-tech
> scrape-the-numbers-keys-until-you-hit-the-edge-of-the-screen trick).
> So I'm pretty sure overwriting that constant won't do what I want.

Maybe SCREEN-ORIENTATION is wrong.  Check it (it's a value), and also check
SCREEN-ORIENTATION@ - that's reading the current screen orientation via JNI.

> Is this maybe some new interaction with the Android library, rather
> than a setting that changed somehow?

Probably. Maybe I'm not getting any onConfigChanged events, which is
initializing SCREEN-ORIENTATION.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o ID: kQusJzA;address@hidden(dQ*