gforth

Re: [gforth] New Forth web server

From: Robert Wilkinson
Subject: Re: [gforth] New Forth web server
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 11:12:53 +0200

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 05:57:49PM +0200, Rene Hartmann wrote:
> Robert Wilkinson wrote:
> >[...]
> >
> >Hello
> >
> >I downloaded this, and saw one executable file in the httpd
> >directory.
> >
> >I tried to run it, and saw ...
> >
> >address@hidden ~/s/c/httpd> ./colono.fs
> >redefined accept  ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default
> >(see `U')
> >
> >in file included from *OS command line*:-1
> >colono.fs:29: error 3305
>
> Error 3305 means socket() failed.
>
> Turned out the error handling was probably wrong, if socket() fails the next
> address from getaddrinfo should be tried, instead an exception was thrown.
>
> This should be fixed now.

Hi René

While I dislike being a harbinger of bad news, I see it still fail

address@hidden ~/src> hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/colono/code colono-code
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 11 changesets with 36 changes to 21 files
updating to branch default
19 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
address@hidden ~/src> cd colono-code/
address@hidden ~/s/colono-code> ls
examples/  httpd/  LICENSE  README
address@hidden ~/s/colono-code> gforth httpd/colono.fs
redefined accept  ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default
(see `U')

in file included from *OS command line*:-1
httpd/colono.fs:29: error 3302
>>>httpserve<<<
Backtrace:
$7FA3B2DF2380 throw
$7FA3B2E096A0 server-listen
address@hidden ~/s/colono-code>

It fails if I run as root too.

Thank you for adding the README :-)

Bob
--
If you always postpone pleasure you will never have it.  Quit work and play
for once!