Re: [Ghm-discuss] draft meeting page and registration form

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] draft meeting page and registration form
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 14:24:35 +0200

Brian Gough wrote:
> I've made a draft meeting page at http://www.gnu.org/ghm/2009/GHM.html
> and linked it to an updated version of last year's registration form.

Great

I (as FSCONS involved person) would like a note on the reg form that
informs about the FSCONS call for participation:
   http://submit.fscons.org/cfp

It would be great if we could have some GNU speakers at FSCONS.

> Questions for Henrik:
>
> - are there any details about the likely registration fee for FSCONS
>   this year

It will be cheaper than prev. year. That's about what's decided so far.
Jonas Öberg, this year's FSCONS boss, is back from vacation Augusti 10.
So we have to wait roughly a week.

> - are there any constraints on a 'registration closing date' (do you
>   need numbers by any specific time - in terms of booking a room or
>   for the FSCONS registrations, e.g. early bird discount)

same as above

> I think a reasonable plan would be to make an announcement for the GHM
> in mid August to give people a reasonable time to book cheap flights
> (~ 3 months).

Sounds reasonable.