Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in review

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in review
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:56:38 -0400

     1. What was great about the meeting? Name one or two of your
        favorite things.

Meeting Marcus, Neal and Jeroen, something that should have been done
far sooner.

     2. What could have been better? Again, one or two things, along with
        suggestions for improvements if you have them.

I wish it was a bit longer, as some people already noted it took a day
or two for people to get aquainted.  It would also be nice to spread
out the talks over an extra day, and allow for a more social
gathering.

     3. Was there anything missing from the meeting? Or, alternately,
        was there some part of the meeting we could have done without?

The beer.  Terrible.

     4. What about focus -- did we have a good focus? Too broad, too
        narrow?

I liked it as it was, it was a bit all over the place just like the
GNU project.

     5. What about the size? Do you want the GHM to be bigger in the
        future? How would you feel if there were 100 people there?

The size was good, while it would be immense fun to have more people
at the meetings, it also spoils a bit of the "meeting" charm, with 100
people it will be hard to meet everyone.  Maybe a bigger gathering,
the GNU gathering, could be organised at a less frequent intervals,
and the GHMs could be smaller.  I like the whole informality of them,
the larger the crowd the more formal it will have to become to
organsise it well.

     6. What about colocation? Did this influence your decision to
        attend?  Was it a good thing or a bad thing?

No influence on my part, but that is because I am not very interested
in GNOME.  Had it been something else then it would have influenced my
decision to attend, but I'd go anyway. :-)

     7. Any other comments?

   Finally, we need someone to organize the next meeting. It can be
   anywhere in Europe, but getting a supportive venue is key. Of
   course it helps if the location is easy to get to, and
   cheap. Interested? Reply to this message then, and we can sort it
   out!

Someone suggested something with FSCONS but that might be to close,
but I'll be in Gothenburg and can help with the organising bit.  Even
have a bit of room for a few people to crash at.

Cheerio.