Re: [Ghm-discuss] Paris meeting - start time?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] Paris meeting - start time?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 11:52:24 +0200

Hi Neal,

"Neal H. Walfield" <address@hidden> skribas:

> At Thu, 26 May 2011 14:29:52 +0200,
> Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> > Do you have any rough schedule of the meeting in Paris?  i.e. would
>> > there be talks on the morning of the first day (August 25th) or would
>> > those be on Saturday and Sunday.
>>
>> What I had in mind was to have most talks on Friday 26th afternoon,
>> Saturday, and Sunday morning, possibly with more in the remaining time
>> slots, depending on the number of talks and time needed.
>>
>> Of course, the remaining time would be occupied by informal meetings,
>> lightning talks, and possibly hack sessions, as in previous editions.
>> I find all of these very valuable and would encourage people to be
>> present.
>
> Can you be more concrete, please?  (It sounds like you are you saying
> that the meeting will officially start on Friday at noon and run until
> Sunday noon.  Is that right?)  Will the space be available all-day
> Friday and Sunday?

The space is available all day from Thu. 25th through Sun. 28th, and I
think we should take advantage of it.  :-)

All I was suggesting is that talks could be scheduled “in the middle”
(Friday noon to Sunday noon) to make it easier for people traveling on
the first and last days.  What do you think?

Sorry, I can’t be more concrete about the actual talk schedule until I
have a firm list of talks and estimated duration.

Thanks,
Ludo’.