[Glob2-devel] Fwd: Re: Savannah & CVS

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [Glob2-devel] Fwd: Re: Savannah & CVS
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:23:40 +0100

comemnt configurer ssh :

Subject: Re: Savannah & CVS
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:03:59 +0000
From: "Jaime E. Villate" <address@hidden>
To: Stephane Magnenat <address@hidden>

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 09:48:00AM +0100, Stephane Magnenat wrote:
> >   ssh -v address@hidden
>
> Perhaps it is a problem because my client try to use ssh2

Exactly. Notice that after it says
   debug1: Remote: Key exchange successful!

which means that your server and subversions recognized each other, it
attempts to recognize your identity by looking at /home/nct/.ssh/id_rsa or
/home/nct/.ssh/id_dsa which do not exist; if it was using protocol 1, it
 would first look for /home/nct/.ssh/authorized_keys

> but I couldn't find the file stated in the web page where to say to use
> ssh 1.

The file does not exist; you are supposed to created yourself (I'll edit the
we page to make more clear); it should be called config, in directory ~/.ssh/
and it contents can be:

Host subversions.gnu.org
Protocol 1

(for more details, "man ssh")
Then try ssh -v and see how it goes (I will keep my fingers crossed :-)

Greetings,
Jaime