Re: [glob2-devel] bugs and features

From: MOA333
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] bugs and features
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 17:51:58 +0000

Gabriel Walt wrote:

if you have windows you can try to compile the cvs.... or you can try linux in 3 ways:

Yes, I know, thanks.

My problem is that I only have a modem, and downloading linux is really heavy.

you can buy the two dvd of debian sarge (about 10 euros or 15 US dollars only)
Then you have all the packages on cd

I had debian until last year, but apt-get upgrade took the whole night and I had to use windows for stuff like flash, illustrator, after effects, indesign, painter, cosmo worlds, etc. Thus my linux fell into deprecation... :(

But I'll install linux again when I'll get adsl [within 1 month or so] and I get more and more independent from proprietary software and find equivalents that are more and more satisfying for graphic work [they all really were too beta two years ago].

You'd better do that soon, because the Longhorn in 2006 will not be compatible with the XP and old windows apies, and the palladium is going to make people who only like windows because it is easy to use hate it even more. It will be the end of windows operating system, or it will stay as an operating system for some nostalgic people, somehow a gold edition. You know the artist they do a gold edition of thair books when they die, witch looks nicer, but witch has no future, (or maybe only a future because of wine lol)

I still remember the sinclair emultaros for PC, witch alow you to play old basic games for sinclair on PC's....

About the flash.. it hink it works somehow with wine or with crossover....

For now I prefer to invest my time into the website or graphic works instead of trying the cvs version - even if I've to admit that knoppix is installed within 1 hour. Hmmm, where have I put that damn CD?

Cheers! :)

Gabriel