Re: [glob2-devel] Forbidden flags

From: MOA333
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Forbidden flags
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:29:13 +0000

>Can we remove the forbidden flags abilities from the engine ?Or does anyone thinks there will be a future use of the feature ?

Well, forbiden areas are more important, but i dont see why we should remove forbidden flags. Of course only it this causes a lot of bugs, if not i think they don't bother. INstead i have an intresting idea. All the flegs are just round, like a circle. if we could shape the flag. Like we shape the forbidden areas, we could just make a flag with a shape, eventualy be albe to turn him 90degrees left or 90degrees right. that way we can make forbidden aread look like flags, that we can move easily. We can also make some predefined shapes of flag. I think this idea is great, because it will completly eliminate the need of forbidden areas that are stuck and that you can't move. We could alva have a buttton activate/dezactivate wiew of flags, so that when we activatre the flags, we see the flags, when we dont activate them we dont see them, but only the forbidden area. actualy we could activate or dezactivate both the flags and the forbiden area, it is important to do that becaue i dont want to see the forbidden flags, i just want to see the forbiden area. Also the shape of a forbiden flag could just be anythink, not neccesary a closed shape, but also a lot of little forbiden ceses not connected.

In respose to your question, no, i think we should rather improve the forbiden flags and eliminate the forbiden area by integrating it to the forbiden flags...

This is right in the philosophy of this game (asingning little tasks to the units.... dont loose time editing forbiden areas....). If we have to reshape a particular form of forbiden area each time we nead to protect our resources, then we loose a crazy time doing that. For example, i like doing little dots to preserve some resources here and ther when there are very few resources. The idea in this game is to minimize the little tesks like this. A flag with this model on it could be edited and i just put it on the map then make him invisible. this way i only edit it once and then i save it on the hard disk and i can use it in every map. The same think could apply to the flag that destroy resources. also to the war flag but there is not so important nead of that...

 So what do you think, is it possbile to make this improvement?