Comments about 1.0 (was Re: [glob2-devel] Forbidden flags - gameplay sug

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Comments about 1.0 (was Re: [glob2-devel] Forbidden flags - gameplay suggestions)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:44:45 +0200

Some comments from developpers:

> Yes, of course. For now [v1.0] what we need most is:
> - more stability [it's already getting much much better]
- With latest CVS, no crash has been reported (excepted perhaps for new
gradients but this is work in progress)

> - less cpu usage [this is also getting better]
- Yes, this is under work

> - a windows build that has less bugs [double buffering, AInumbi crashes,
> settings that are saved]
- Double buffering and AINumbi crashes are fixed. We need more feedback from
someone with a debugger to address the saved settings.

> - better interface - I do not mean the in game interface, but the
> different options screens [the settings not always available, better
> alliances menu, etc]
- Correct, conceptual drafts on how alliance menu should look are welcome

> - graphic package system for making more custom stuff
- This mean add archive to the virtual filesystem, already on the long TODO
list, can be delayed post 1.0, not release critical if too long to implement

> - a better script that allows cool campaigns and alternative gameplays
- New script is on work, can be delayed post 1.0, not release critical, not
release critical if too long to implement

> - a better website with game-site communication [for maps, yog stats,
> etc], eheheh... coming very soon!
- Cool :-)

The release planning is like this :
-  alpha8 (aka beta1 rc1) (new DX backend, new save/load (serialisation)
system, new debug capabilities, new gradient system, new dbl-buffered GUI)
- network test on alpha8, if not critical bug, rereleased as beta1, lots of
announces
- beta1
- gfx/i18n/music/gameplay fix
- beta2 (aka 1.0 rc1), more testing
- 1.0 !!!

At the graphic side, what would be cool for alpha8 :
- New level one tower
- New level two bit of doom, rework level one bit of doom (use actual level
two?)
- More destruction graphic
- Dust for bullets

It would be cool to organise sort of glob2 conference one day

Thanks,

Steph